Both the Fire Ring and the Fire Pit have advantages and disadvantages. I will discuss these differences in terms of how my experience has been with the two types.
First the advantages for the Fire Ring are as follows:
- can be a permanent fixture in your lawn
- uses wood (a natural resource)
- very portable (take it camping etc…)
Now the advantage of using a Fire Pit:
- huge selection and variety of styles
- fire pit tables
- tile and stone fire pits
- copper, stainless steel, or cast iron construction
- uses wood, natural gas, or propane
- doesn’t make a mess in the yard
- can use decorative Fire Glass (with propane & natural gas units only)
Finally, we must evaluate the major disadvantages of each. The wood fire ring, while portable, still leaves ashes that need to be cleaned up wherever you use it. And the fire pit, while very decorative, probably isn’t very easy to move (unless it has wheels). So which one do you get? Well that all depends on you… if you are a person who needs to move your outdoor fireplace around, then by all means get the fire ring, but if you are a person who decides on a permanent location for your outdoor fireplace, then I would recommend the fire pit. There are also other types such as a fire pit table and personal fireplace which also act as good outdoor heating sources. Depending on your outdoor needs, you can choose between these many styles of fire pits.
You must be logged in to post a comment.