Indoor fireplace has the purpose of providing warmth and comfort when inside. But when considering it from an interior decorator’s point of view, it is one of the best places in the room to create an unexpected focal point and punch up the style. Here are some ideas how to use the fireplace in such context:
- Install the fireplace into a recessed wall to create a floating three dimensional appearance that you can further accessorize with glowing backlights from behind.
- Choose a statement artwork that complements the applied décor in the room, and place it above the fireplace to draw attention.
- Paint the fireplace mantel with some unique choice of a color that usually isn’t expected for such space to highlight its effect, or install colorful and unusual tile patterns on the floor, in front of the fireplace, as a decoration that will, at the same time, protect the floor from flying sparks.
- Protect the surroundings with a rare and unique fire screen that will complement the existing décor.
- Paint the wall around the fireplace with an interesting color, place decorative wallpaper, or consider some other unusual material or a textured wall treatment to bring the design to another level.
- Play with unique contemporary fireplace designs that will also act as sculptural decoration elements.
For more ideas on how to decorate the space around the fireplace visit this website.
You must be logged in to post a comment.