Dark and rich black glass offers a bold and sophisticated look to any fire pit. Place in your favorite fire feature during a black tie event or dressy party. The Jet Black Eco Fire Glass will give you that bold atmosphere you are looking for.
There is no smoke, ash or soot. No more worries about sparks and embers flying out and damaging buildings, furniture or hurting someone. You won't even need a spark guard or protector, simply enjoy your fire. The perfect decorative element for your fire pit, onlookers will be amazed at the beauty and heat these gems offer.
Fire glass is the perfect, environmentally conscious way to add a flare to your fire feature. The glass pieces will not melt or give off toxic emissions like fire wood can. Made of recycled materials and able to withstand high temperatures, this is Green Choice approved. Fire heat from your fire pit or fireplace can range from 1,000 to 1,200 degrees, while this tempered glass can endure heat up to 1,300 degrees.
This glass can be used for a variety of decorative purposes including landscaping to add a sparkle or even in the home such as in vases or decorative bowls. Don’t worry about cutting yourself, this glass is carefully tumbled and polished to prevent any sharp edges. Easy to clean as well, wipe with a cloth or add to a strainer and run under water.
Fire glass is a great way to decorate your fire feature for the holidays and respective seasons. Change the look of your fire pit easily with new colors that add a fresh look. This glass can also be placed over our fire rock to create a truly unique appeal. For calculating how much glass you need please refer to the formulas below.
Important: We recommend having a two to three inch layer of fire glass for the perfect flame. Mix and match your favorite colors and styles.
1. Take the front and back width of your fireplace and add them together _______
2. Divide that number by 2 _______
3. Multiply that number by the depth of the fireplace _______
4. Multiply that number by the depth of the Fire Glass you would like _______
5. Divide that number by 231 _______
6. Multiply the number by 12 to get the total pounds of Fire Glass needed
Fire Pit Formula:
1. Take the diameter of the fire pit and multiply it by itself. _______
2. Multiply by the depth of the glass you would like. _______
3. Divide by 231. _______
4. Multiply by .8 _______
5. Multiply by 12 to get total. _______
A 30" fireplace generally requires 40 pounds of Fire Glass, based on an average depth of 2 inches.
A 30" fire pit generally requires 75 pounds of Fire Glass based on an average depth of 2 inches.